Information Request For Porting WINE

Lucien LaCroix lacroixlucien at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:43:08 CDT 2001

I would like to find out if the development of WINE supports it being ported
to Windows 16-Bit OS. Currently, I am developing a Windows Clone and would
very much ike to work on Porting WINE to Win16. However, I am not 100% sure
if the way WINE operates wether it would work.

WINE will work if it is a complete re-written library system that merely
interfaces with the host system. WINE won't work if it serves as a
translater from host system system calls to the guest application.

Any information on this plus a good compiler that is usefull for someone who
knows a bit, but not everything, hopefully one with a good GUI.

Thank-You.

David Scherer, lacroixlucien at hotmail.com