GetSystemMetrics / SetSystemMetrics ?

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:18:57 CDT 2001

Question:
How to update metrics data returned by GetSystemMetrics function?

Problem:
Currently I'm implementing some easiest FIXMEs (e.g. SPI_GETSHOWSOUNDS)
in function SystemParametersInfo.
GetSystemMetrics is used to return information for a few types of
SPI_GETxxx actions from this function, including the action I'm working on.
Logic for corresponding SPI_SETxxx actions is not implemented and
contains commented out calls to SetSystemMetrics. As I understand this
comment is a mark that corresponding GetSystemMetrics data should be
updated in this place.

GetSystemMetrics returns data from array sysMetrics. I did not find any
function which provides update access to the array.

Can you advise how to deal with this problem?

Regards,
Andriy Palamarchuk