wsprintf

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Sep 21 14:32:48 CDT 2001

> I added a comment in wsprintf16 to make Andreas happy. But I agree
> that the change log (and cvs diff) is the best way to store this kind
> of information.

Okay, so it's a slow news day, and I feel like stirring up trouble.

I would argue that it is, in fact, counterintuitive, to have this
sort of comment solely in the change log.  The only time I ever think
to look at a diff (or even the change log) is when something has broken
recently.

IMO, it is appropriate to comment in the code,
whenever something useful about Wine/Windows behavior is learned,
especially when the knowledge is something non intuitive
like the fact that the 16 bit version and 32 bit version
behave differently.

Jer