InstallShield 6 again (debuggers requested)

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Sep 24 09:02:32 CDT 2001

Here are some kludgy patches (against the current WineHQ CVS) that's
supposed to make InstallShield 6 with its stupid interprocess COM sort of
work, but it doesn't for some reason, probably because of something else
in Wine that's broken... and because of a lack of time, I think I really
need some debugging assistance.

Most of these patches are too ugly to be submitted to the official wine
as-is, I'll clean these parts up later, but probably not before
InstallShield has been debugged and actually works with these hacks.

To make this run, you need to copy stdole32.tlb from a real windows and
put into c:\windows\system. Then run your favorite InstallShield 6
setup.exe and wait for it to crash. --debugmsg +ole is recommended. It
crashes for me after about 25 remote method calls. If you find out why,
let me know. Please.