Getting Routing tables

Robert Lunnon bob at yarrabee.net.au
Tue Sep 25 16:17:36 CDT 2001

In my pitiful attempt to hack on WINE I have come to an impasse. I have
managed to find portable equivalents to get the interface name and the number
of interfaces in winsock/wsock32 but I can't seem to find a portable way to
get to the routing table. In Solaris (why I'm doing the hacking) there is a
vague mention in the man pages of being able to get this info by reading
/dev/ip but no information about how to actually do it.

Can anyone provide a hint on how this can be done portably or to a multi-os
implementation of netstat that might serve as an example. (Only netstat
sources I have found are OS specific)

Hurry because  in desperation I am actually thinking of piping the output of
netstat -r

Thanks

Bob