GetMessageTime

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Sep 26 10:49:21 CDT 2001

"David Hammerton" <david at transgaming.com> writes:

> BTW, One of the siderfects of this is: in dlls/x11drv/window.c line 1143,
> GetMessageTime() is sometimes 0 (depends on the applicatoin, for example the
> game Alice seems to make it return 0) - so the value sent to XSetInputFocus for
> the time is too small, and hence X refuses to give the window focus.

The real fix is that XSetInputFocus should not use GetMessageTime at
all, this is only a temporary hack. To conform to the ICCCM the focus
time should be based on the timestamp of a previous X event, and the
focus should never be changed if we didn't receive an event. To do
this right probably requires supporting the take focus protocol, as
was discussed some time ago.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com