VirtualAlloc bug ?

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at skynet.be
Wed Apr 3 16:39:31 CST 2002

Hi,

I tried to use VirtualAlloc with MEM_COMMIT to map a page at address
0x7ffe0000. The call to VirtualAlloc failed with ERROR_INVALID_ADDRESS. I
then tried to reserve the pages first, using VirtualAlloc with MEM_RESERVE,
and the call to VirtualAlloc/MEM_COMMIT worked fined after that.

The MSDN state that "(MEM_COMMIT) If a memory page is not yet reserved,
setting this value causes the function to both reserve and commit the memory
page.".

Is that a wine bug ? I can try to fix it, but I'm scared to break something
in VirtualAlloc, as I'm new to wine internals.

Laurent Pinchart