How to debug an exception handler ?

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at skynet.be
Sat Apr 6 12:54:43 CST 2002

Hi everybody,

I have a windows program which raises an exception as part of its normal
execution (it tries to call int 0x01). The program setups an exception
handler, catches the exception, and resumes it execution after the call to
int 0x01. This works fine when run in wine.

However, when I try to run the program in winedbg, the debugger catches the
exeception, interrupts the program execution, prints a register dump, stack
dump & backtrace, and waits. If I continue the execution using 'cont' (after
incrementing $eip by 2 to skip int 0x01), the program continues but the
exception handler installed bu the user program is not called.

I was wondering if it was a bug or a normal behaviour, and if it is normal
behaviour, is there a workaround ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Laurent Pinchart