Running tests on windows

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Mon Apr 8 02:33:50 CDT 2002

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

>On Sunday 07 April 2002 20:29, you wrote:
>
>>"Geoffrey Hausheer" <i8e7fkwmsl1 at phracturedblue.com> wrote:
>>
>>>So is there a better solution than the three I've listed?
>>>And why won't wine let me include 'windows.h', but under windows it is
>>>required?
>>>
>>Probably it would be better to use Wine headers to compile Wine tests.
>>

>I disagree that this is a good idea.  The idea is to test that wine behaves
>in the same manner as Windows does.

While I agree with that sentiment, I would like to point out that it may
be that WINE has an incorrect function definition that is backed up by
an incorrect declaration in the .h file. Such a situation may result in
compiling for wine with the wine headers working, as well as compiling
for Windows with the windows headers, but missing the binary
compatibility support goal.