Looking for help to implement IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at skynet.be
Fri Apr 12 14:01:04 CDT 2002

Hi,

I need to implement IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT for cdroms (and a few
other IOCTLs, like IOCTL_SCSI_GET_ADDRESS).

As I don't have enough SCSI & cdrom handling experience, I wonder if someone
could help me getting started.

Should I use the linux CDROM_SEND_PACKET ioctl ? If so, how should I handle
the 16-byte command from the windows IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT, as the
command is 12-bytes long for CDROM_SEND_PACKET ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Laurent Pinchart