16-bit apps starting and stopping notification

Joshua Thielen thielen at netprince.net
Sat Apr 13 08:53:57 CDT 2002

> Can somebody give me a hint how is better to approach
> implementation of
> NFY_EXITTASK, NFY_STARTTASK events generation?

Does anyone know what ToolHelpHook does (KERNEL.341)? Could this be used by windows to hook a toolhelp notification function into
kernel.dll?

> How important do you think is to implement this
> functionality, since it is for 16-bit apps only?
I still use a 16-bit app for school that uses these functions and that doesn't work in wine. I'm not sure if the app does't work because it
needs these notifications or if there is another reason. I attempted to implement this a couple of months ago, but it was an ugly hack
since I was calling a toolhelp helper function from kernel.dll (or maybe it was ntdll) in order to send the notification.

Regards,

Josh Thielen