Expect Trouble

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Fri Apr 12 07:37:56 CDT 2002

Hi list,

I am sorry if this is a baisc question. I have not been able to find
anything about it in the docs.

I am trying to run a small program I wrote and compiled with VC6 on
Windows. I am getting the following error:

Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin HebTest.exe ...
Warning: loading builtin kernel32.dll, but native version already
present. Expect trouble.
Warning: loading builtin user32.dll, but native version already present.
Expect trouble.
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg
134661992 32") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
Wine failed with return code 5

I get the same error whether I am using my own CVS compiled version, or
the nightly CVS for debian SID. I get this error regardless of whether I
am using fake windows or real windows. I even tried removing the
user32.dll file (0 bytes) completely from C:\Windows\System of the fake
windows.

Attached is the output when running wine with --debugmsg +all, and the
binary I am using to run this program (it is a debug build). It's a tiny
program of my writing, so unless I unwittedly stole it from somewhere,
you hereby have my permission to use the binary as you see fit. Sources
are available upon request.

            Thanks

                    Shachar