Urgent need for advice: POLLHUP and sockets

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com
Wed Apr 17 07:26:04 CDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Ove Kaaven wrote:

> are you talking about something else? Hmm, sounds like you may be talking
> about sock_poll_event... ok, let's see...

Of course I meant poll_event. Well I am a bit confused ... :-)

> The event mask to check for may change during sock_poll_event and it would
> be nice to check for those new events immediately. But at the moment I
> don't recall any situation where it would be necessary.

I am currently trying to split the sock_reselect functionality and
introduce a separate function that takes over the checking if the socket
has been kicked out of main the select loop.

I just need to figure out where exactly I need to call that function.
I am also not sure whether any combination of the FD_... and FD_WINE...
flags suffices to tell if the socket is in the select loop or not,
because of the many different situations that may affect these flags.

Even after working on this code for a few months now, I still find the
management of the socket state flags and various masks pretty confusing.
But I'm getting there.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409