a problem using /tools/wineinstall

davide madrisan davide.madrisan at atlavia.it
Tue Apr 16 07:14:29 CDT 2002

I had a problem using the wine installer script from  wine-20020411.
This is the brute change I've made to be able to end successfully the
installation procedure.

  echo "Installing default Wine registry entries..."
  echo
## DEBUG : TMPREG == "/tmp/wineinstall.reg"
## DEBUG : REGAPI == "programs/regapi/regapi"
# if ! $REGAPI setValue < $TMPREG > /dev/null   <-- here is the problem
# then {
#    rm -f $TMPREG
#    echo "Registry install failed."
#    conf_reset_question regapi_error
#    conf_question high regapi_error
#    exit 1
#  }
#  else {
    # if we are converting from a .winerc file, running regapi once
    # will ONLY convert .winerc -> ~/.wine/config, it will not import the
    # registry data.  so if we are converting we need to run regapi twice
    if [ "$CONVCONF" = 'yes' ]
    then
      if ! $REGAPI setValue < $TMPREG > /dev/null
      then
        rm -f $TMPREG
        echo "Registry install failed."
        conf_reset_question regapi_error
        conf_question high regapi_error
        exit 1
      else
        echo
        echo "Registry entries successfully installed."
      fi
    else
      echo
      echo "Registry entries successfully installed."
    fi
#  }
# fi

I've choosen a wine-only installation, so no windows partition.
If you need more informations, please let me know.
Thanks.

Saluti.

--
Davide Madrisan