toolbar.c problem (ATTN: Duane)

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Apr 18 18:18:47 CDT 2002

Dusan Vujosevic wrote:
> Hello,

Okay by me. I certainly did not test for that case.

>>And there is more going on in your app, because the flying toolbars also
>>disappear when the mouse is simply slid over them, without clicking.
>

> Wine or Windows? I don't follow this / can't reproduce it under either one.

Under Wine, I can make the flying toolbar stick (even with my patch) by
holding the mouse button down and sliding it out of the main toolbar.
Once out of the toolbar, I can let up the mouse button without the
toolbar going away. Once stuck, if I simply slide the mouse across the
flying toolbar, it disappears. This does not happen under Windows.

Note that I have my window manager set for "focus follows mouse", which
perhaps could possibly have some effect here. However, other programs I
have tried with flying toolbars, including Word2000 and Acroread, do not
have this problem (nor the mouseup problem), so it is not a simple
generic problem.

>>This behavior is not there under Windows, and has nothing to do with the
>>ButtonUp change I made. The two may not be related, but I cannot help
>>thinking they are. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a spy program to
>>work with your app in windows, so I have not been able to figure out
>>what messages should really be sent, and when.
>

> I use Spy++ on it... What was the problem?

I tried APIS32, but it barfed on this particular program. Unfortunately
for me, my real work is once again interfering severely with the amount
of time I have to spend on Wine :-(  But I will try to get in a couple
of tests with ControlSpy with the TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN style, since it
should not take much time, perhaps this weekend.