toolbar.c problem (ATTN: Duane)

Dusan Vujosevic dusanv at cadlink.com
Fri Apr 19 10:19:16 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duane Clark" <dclark at akamail.com>
To: "Dusan Vujosevic" <dusanv at cadlink.com>
Cc: <wine-devel at winehq.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: toolbar.c problem (ATTN: Duane)

> Dusan Vujosevic wrote:
> > Hello,

That is true. If release the left mouse button anywhere else except over the
toolbars the flyout will stick. The reason is that TOOLBAR_LButtonUp()
doesn't get executed in that case and the WM_COMMAND is not sent.
(Everything works perfectly under any Windows as you have noticed because
Win32 doesn't send the WM_COMMAND as I said before).

> Note that I have my window manager set for "focus follows mouse", which
> perhaps could possibly have some effect here. However, other programs I
> have tried with flying toolbars, including Word2000 and Acroread, do not
> have this problem (nor the mouseup problem), so it is not a simple
> generic problem.

I will spy on Acrobat 4 over the weekend (don't have Word ...). That
*probably* isn't a TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN button (just judging from its looks).

> >>This behavior is not there under Windows, and has nothing to do with the
> >>ButtonUp change I made. The two may not be related, but I cannot help
> >>thinking they are. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a spy program to
> >>work with your app in windows, so I have not been able to figure out
> >>what messages should really be sent, and when.
> >

> > I use Spy++ on it... What was the problem?
>
> I tried APIS32, but it barfed on this particular program.

I will try that as well.

> Unfortunately
> for me, my real work is once again interfering severely with the amount
> of time I have to spend on Wine :-(

I'd be all too happy to help. I will take off my own time to test & fix
this. I'll try give you something over the weekend (patch).

>  But I will try to get in a couple
> of tests with ControlSpy with the TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN style, since it
> should not take much time, perhaps this weekend.

Thanks,
Dusan