minor regression testing patch

Geoffrey Hausheer i8e7fkwmsl1 at phracturedblue.com
Tue Apr 23 09:22:04 CDT 2002

> but, MS's documentation:
>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/sysinfo_49iw.asp
> suggests something more like:
>
> #define WIN98_PLUS(version) \
>   ( (version.dwPlatformId == VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS) && \
>     ( (version.dwMajorVersion > 4) || \
>       (version.dwMajorVersion==4 && version.dwMinorVersion>0)))
>
> Is this more correct?

I don't think so.  If you look at my test, you'll see that I explicitly check
for WIN98+ OR Win2k+ (that is, for some functions, the only valid operating
systems are Win2k, Winxp, win98, and winme.  The code above would allow nt4.0
in there too.
The following link is how I defined the macros:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/sysinfo_3a0i.asp

For instance, GetLongPathName is only defined for Win2k and later an Win98
and later (thus no NT4.0):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/fileio/filesio_2cv9.asp

Is something in the test causing a failure?
I've tested them on win2k and win98 (the only real Microsoft OS that I have
access too)

Thanks,
.Geoff