toolbar.c problem

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:51:10 CDT 2002

Rick Romero wrote:

> Forgive the intrusion, but I've been watching your thread, because it
> sounds quite like bug # 434.
> http://bugs.codeweavers.com/long_list.cgi?buglist=434

My own feeling is that this probably is not related, because my patch
was pretty specific to mouse up events within the toolbar. The
WM_LBUTTONUP message that you refer to in this bug is sent from many
different routines, depending on where the mouse is in the app.

Also, this bug appears to be a problem of a missing mouse capture
release. In my case, the cursor was being released just fine. It was
just that the expected action was never invoked.

> I believe it was your toolbar.c patch that initially fixed the toolbar
> issues, but out of curiosity, before the patch, were you able to check
> if it was a regression? (Maybe back to 6/20/01?) I found your comments(
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/03/0109.html ), but I
> didn't see any comments indicating a regression test.

My memory of events that far back is vague, but my recollection is that
the toolbar problem with my two apps (fpga_editor and Designer) has been
there since I started using wine, about May 2000. There were indeed a
number of other regressions triggered by the June 2001 changes, so I do
remember that date fairly well ;)

> I think what you described is happening in other areas (see the bug),
> with other apps, but for your app, it only manifested in the toolbars.

Possible, but I suspect just a coincidence. The TOOLBAR_LButtonUp()
routine should only be called very specifically when the mouse is in the
toolbar. It certainly is possible that there is a very similar problem
in another routine, though.