Installing MS Office gives error in installer

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Tue Apr 23 20:17:48 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 19:51, Speeddymon wrote:
> what i was saying before though was that the windows
> link files (.lnk extension) weren't being put into the
> kde menu, i believe it is a bug/problem in 20020411
> wine mainly due to that fact that that wine wouldn't
> install the icons but crossover office wine
> would...who knows, all is well now on my computer
> though.  thanks for the help guys.

The wineshelllink (the script responsible for installing the lnk files in the
desktop menu) in the cvs wine assumes, that if you have a .kde directory in
your home, then you have kde 1.x installed.
And install kde 2.x files only if you have a .kde2 directory in your home
folder.
But on some systems (eg. RedHat), the kde config files are in .kde in home
directory. That is the reason why the .desktop files are not installed on
some systems.

I have fixed wineshelllink in my cvs copy of wine, but never submitted it,
because, I'm not really sure how to fix it to work on all the systems (I dont
know how the other packagers do it).
But if somebody needs, it I'm attaching the patch...

Best regards
Zsolt Rizsanyi