minor regression testing patch

Paul Millar paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 11:38:16 CDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> NT4.0 has a minor==0, so no, my test will not allow it to pass.

Yes, the dangers of sending emails when you're in a rush ...

> However, I was not aware of how dwPlatformID was defined (and I miscounted
> parentheses in your macro).

Its easy to make mistakes (speaking as someone who just made such a
mistake :)

> I think the method you proposed would be more robust than the way I
> implemented the check, but currently my method should work fine for all
> availiable MS platforms.

Agreed. I probably would be more robust, but I, too, doubt the existing
code will cause any problems (once Major>0 is replaced with Minor>0) .. I
was just curious. BTW, it's not really my macro, I just translated it from
MS's documented example on their page about GetVersionExA.

> Perhaps it would be best to make a test.h somewhere
> and put all of these kind of definitions someplace so we don't need to
> redefine them for each test.

Hmmm, was there an email about that a while ago? I thought Alexandre
wasn't happy with the idea, but I can't remember why...

Cheers,

----
Paul Millar