minor regression testing patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Apr 24 13:37:37 CDT 2002

Paul Millar <paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk> writes:

> > Perhaps it would be best to make a test.h somewhere
> > and put all of these kind of definitions someplace so we don't need to
> > redefine them for each test.
>
> Hmmm, was there an email about that a while ago? I thought Alexandre
> wasn't happy with the idea, but I can't remember why...

Version checks are a bad idea because this is not how Wine is
implemented. For instance GetLongPathName under Wine doesn't try to
fail if you are running with -winver win95, it just works. Adding
version checks in the tests just means that some functions won't get
tested if you run with the wrong version.

The right way is to always call the function no matter the version,
and check that the call either succeeds as expected, or fails in the
way that it's supposed to fail on a platform that doesn't support it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com