Unit testing

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Apr 24 19:21:48 CDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Michael Cardenas wrote:

> If that's the bug, maybe we can come up with a better error message.

Looking a little bit more in detail at the error message:

ld -r ../../programs/winetest/wtmain.o tests/testlist.o tests/alloc.o
tests/directory.o tests/path.o tests/process.o tests/thread.o tests/file.o
-o tests/kernel32_test.tmp.o
tests/file.o: In function `func_alloc':
/home/jakov/src/WINE/wine/dlls/kernel/tests/file.c(.text+0x7c): multiple
definition of `func_alloc'
tests/alloc.o(.text+0xe80):/home/jakov/src/WINE/wine/dlls/kernel/tests/alloc.c:
first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `func_alloc' changed from 39 to 24 in tests/file.o

It appears that the file.c test file was copied from the alloc.c test
file but START_TEST(alloc) was not changed accordingly.

Sure it would be nice to have a better error message. I will let you do
the required change in the linker though. Unless you had something else
in mind?

                     Avoid the Gates of Hell - use Linux.