Installing MS Office gives error in installer

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 24 21:10:54 CDT 2002

On Thursday 25 April 2002 03:45, Speeddymon wrote:
> en it proceeds with the kde1 install, if you are running kde2 with the .kde
> dir it proceeds with kde2 install and if you are running kde2 with .kde2
> dir it also proceeds with kde2 installi also figured out why things weren't
> being added to the k menu in mandrake...if you use the mandrake-style the k
> menu (as opposed to the default style) it stores the menu config files in
> /usr/share/menu instead of ~/.menu so i fixed it so that the menu configs
> are copied to both locations and everything seems to work well now.  my
> only concern is if the 1st part of the fix (the one mentioned in the
> previous paragraph) will work on redhat or not, seeing as i dont know
> whether the menu configs are stored in ~/.menu or /usr/share/menu.  Anyone
> that cares to test it out and let me know, feel free..> You should not make
> that script to cope with every> possible setup. That would > be an
> overkill.> You should just make it to work with all the major> distros.>
> Other distros, and individuals with sp! ecial setup> should change the >
> wineshelllink before installing or packaging.> see response above> At most
> you could make tools/wineinstall ask for the> needed info and generate >
> wineshellink according to it. I like this idea...that may or
may not be
> needed, depending on the outcome of a redhat tester> > Best regards> Zsolt
> Rizsanyithanks, and you too :)the patch is in the next message

I'm running redhat. (v7.2)
Here the applinks (*.desktop files) are in /etc/X11/applnk/.
Or if it is a kde specific one then in /usr/share/applnk/
But I think wine should go in /etc/X11/applnk
Of course this only holds if the user who runs the installer in wine is root.
If it is a simple user then you have to install to ~/.kde/share/applnk/ as it
is already done in the wineshelllink...

Zsolt Rizsanyi