Visual Basic 6 Setup Kit

degs degs at giantblob.com
Thu Apr 25 08:56:50 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to run an installer which I *think* is built with the VB6 Setup Kit
using Wine recent CVS.

I get past the initial phase where the installer updates some files required
by the installer itself but then when the blue background and the initial
dialog comes up it wil not accept mouse or keyboard input.

Has anybody come across this problem with VB apps/VB setup kit before?

I've tried running with the default settings and also with managed=y or
desktop=640x480 in .wine/config

I notice that the inital dialog window is still managed by wine even if I have
managed=y in .wine/config (other applications run under wine are managed by
my X window manager though)

I notice that I get a second desktop with the blue screen + initial dialog in
it when desktop=640x480. The initial desktop window is empty (black).
Clicking in the empty desktop window gives messages on the console such as:

"fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window 10025"

Clicking in the desktop where the installer is displayed does nothing and
produces no console output.

Any pointers as to how to debug this would be useful.

thanks
-- degs