wine/ dlls/winsock/socket.c dlls/winsock/ws2_3 ...

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com
Fri Apr 26 14:07:49 CDT 2002

On 26 Apr 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> My concern with that approach is that functions using
> FILE_GetUnixHandle wouldn't handle the shutdown flags correctly. The
> alternative would be to retire FILE_GetUnixHandle, or maybe move the
> shutdown flags handling into wine_server_handle_to_fd.

The shutdown flags are only needed for new calls to Read or Write routines
_from the app_. The app is not allowed to e.g. write any more data,
while we can still write data that had been queued before.

Thus (at least these) flags are IMO only needed in those places where
we already call FILE_GetUnixHandleType.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409