argc / argv issue?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 28 17:57:57 CDT 2002

 --- Ann and Jason Edmeades
<us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk> a écrit : > No, I dont
think so either, its just a nice simple
> way of pointing out the
> problem. I thing the problem revolves around
> fork_and_exec and its
> rebuilding of the command line (it inserts '--') but
> I need to spend a
> little more time trying to get my head around it!
>
> I've got the day off tomorrow so you never know I
> might get further - Its
> getting late here (in the UK) so I'm calling it a
> night.

I'm in france - it's later as you (+1 hour hehe).

The problem is not so simple.
Think there are several processes and so
several arg/argv combiantions.

There are real argc/argv (Linux ones)
and simulated (Windows ones).
So i think messages should show it. We could
write W-argc and U-argc as it exists for processes.
We could avoid severals misinterpretations this way.

Comments ?