cups support apparently broken

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Mon Apr 29 08:51:00 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 10:53:20PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Actually I just did a full recompile and I am still able to print.
> (Tested using standard 32bit notepad.exe.)

I apologize for the erroneous bug report. I didn't have libcupsys2-dev
on my machine. Now that I have that and I did a full recompile, I can
get a print dialog from word with the correct printer description, but
when I click the print button, it doesn't print.

Printing from notepad doesn't work either, it seems to do something, and
gives me an hourglass that goes away once you move the mouse. I've
attached the output of +psdrv to this email.

> Are you still using the same test application? Did you compile in CUPS support?
> (ldd winspooldrv.so shoud show libcups.so referenced).

I usually use word as my test application.

Crossover office can actually print from word, excel, outlook and ie,
but not notepad.

thanks
     michael

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi