SafeDisc FAQs

Ori Pessach ori_pessach_blah at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 15:32:16 CDT 2002

I don't think he is. Reverse engineering for the purpose of enabling
interoperability is permitted, and he doesn't know, and therefore
doesn't (and can't) disclose, how to circumvent the copy protection.

Granted, somebody could take that information and use it to figure out
how to make copies of SafeDisc protected software. The same is true of
debuggers, disassemblers, or In Circuit Emulators, which are all
legitimate engineering tools. That's just a symptom of the DMCA's
biggest problem, which is that it criminalizes perfectly legitimate
activities.

-Ori Pessach