cups support apparently broken

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Mon Apr 29 13:53:32 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 10:09:19PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > trying to do an
> >
> > echo "print" | lpr -Peng
>
> Actually WINE assumes that a CUPS printer can be sent jobs using
> lpr -P<printername> on stdin.
>
> If this is not the case, you will have to change dlls/gdi/printdrv.c
> and dlls/winspool/info.c.

Apparently, the correct command for cups is lp and -P needs to be
replaced with -d

so by changing

    if (!strncmp("LPR:",pszOutput,4))
          sprintf(psCmd,"|lpr -P%s",pszOutput+4);

    if (!strncmp("LPR:",pszOutput,4))
          sprintf(psCmd,"|lp -d%s",pszOutput+4);

in

wine/dlls/gdi/printdrv.c

it now works, but only for CUPS printers.

I'll send a patch that checks the registry for a description with CUPS
in it and uses lp -d if appropriate.

thanks for the help.

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi