[Help]: Notes Client on WINE with XIM (Chinese/Japanese Input)

Mike McCormack mikem at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 29 21:37:43 CDT 2002

Hi Leanne,

Which notepad.exe are you using? As far as I understand, Wine has no
support for X Input contexts at all, so I don't understand how you can
enter Chinese text into Notes... perhaps Notes has it's own input method
or you using an Xlib modified for multibyte support? Is your
Wine-20020422 tree unmodified?

Could you please explain your setup in a bit more detail, for example,
which X input method you are using, the XMODIFIERS, LANG, LC_ALL
settings, etc.  I'm very curious as to how this is working...

thanks,

Mike