Translation wine documentation to other languages

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Aug 1 12:10:25 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 11:49:50AM -0700, Andriy Palamarchuk wrote:
> Sorry for crossposting initial message to both lists.
> I think the topic may be interesting for both - users
> and developers.
>
> Any volunteers to help to translate the documentation
> to languages other than English? This is very big job,
> so there can be more than one person, working on the
> same language.
Well, as long as there's no suitable infrastructure in place,
we could just as well forget about doing this, due to the overwhelming size.

IMHO we should have a separate CVS for internationalization.
Also every patch to the english docu should trigger a ToDo item on
a web page for a specific language.
Whether the notifications get done automatically or manually doesn't matter.
What matters is that there is a *lossless* notification of translation
requirements for certain languages (in order to make dead sure that the docu
does stay in sync).
The CVS used for committing changes to the internationalization project
should be as public as possible, and as closed as required.
Whenever someone commits a translation patch for his specific language,
he will remove the corresponding ToDo item on the language's web page.

I already talked to certain web development related people (you know whom ;-)
but so far I haven't received any input.

Thus we should actually code some interface to a web page that enables
Alexandre to trigger a ToDo notification on the various language bug pages.

Having such notification web pages with delete functionality is no small
functionality (and no, BugZilla doesn't qualify, IMHO), so does anyone
know of some web based package that enables us to design such a thing
with a *minimum* amount of effort ?
(most likely a database backend is required, too)

Or, better yet (aka: "million $$ question"), would someone code this up
for us ?

--
Microsoft Licensing 6.0: "Pay us now in advance, so that we can own you later."