DTR/DSR vs RTS/CTS - followup

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Thu Aug 1 20:33:41 CDT 2002

Oi Miguel,

I had similar problems with serial printers and wine.
However, I think it is not related to signaling.

The printers are Itautec fiscal printers.
Which one are you using?

I don't think it is related to signaling because it used
to work with wine.

Until sometime around 20001026 the printer worked fine.
After this there was a major serial recoding in wine which
broke the serial support (for the printer at least).

I do use wine-20001026 and it works great with the windows driver
(printing from a windows application).

I put an rpm wine in http://www.dias.com.br/RPMS/wine/wine-20001026-1cl.i386.rpm
It is from an old Conectiva Linux, but should be compatible
with any distribution.  Just make sure no other wine is installed in the system.

Can you test this wine version (or build the on from the sources if you wish) ?

If it works, then there might be a chance for the wine serial support to
get revised :D

What I really miss from the current tree is the client side fonts, as the fonts
looks really awful in that program with 20001026.

Regards,

Raul Dias