VDD/VXD in Wine?

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Tue Aug 6 08:01:01 CDT 2002

Hi

We have an application that communicates with some hardware. For this
we have virtual device drivers that map some memory. There is also a
PCI-Interface dll. Is this possible to work in wine? I recently read that wine
is supposed to run most Windows apps but not drivers. We intended to
port our application to Linux with the help of wine but now I'm not sure if
we can succeed at all. If it's not possible with the Windows drivers is there
a way if we make a native Linux kernel module?
I'm still at the very beginning of Wine. The app loads but the toolbar is not
painted and it crashes as soon as I try to open a file. Well, long way to go...

Thanks for any help.

Fabi