VDD/VXD in Wine?

List vmn list at vmn.com.br
Tue Aug 6 08:24:41 CDT 2002

Fabian,

You are correct, there is no VXD support in wine.
VXDs access the CPU in a manner that is a privilege of the kernel.
What you can do that may help you save some of your windows code is
to implement the functionality that VXDs support with a kernel module or
a linux shared object.
Then you can write a winelib dll that has wrapper functions for the so that
implement the VXD API.
The resulting program will be a winelib program.
It will be able to run your windows code and linux code at the same time
and make them interoperate.

See ya,
Miguel Feitosa