wine ui control hacker?

Shaya Potter spotter at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 9 15:55:57 CDT 2002

woops, I guess I didn't reply to all on all those emails back and forth
with Rein.

but for those who are intersted.

it seems if one has the comctl32.dll and comdlg32.dll listed as native
for newsbin, it will work pretty well, except for one big thing.  It
seems the main window disappears if you try to view the preference/otion
window.  The app works fine if you use the builtin version of those
dll's instead, so I got around it, by setting the options I want up
front, and then switching to the native dll's for real usage.  if anyone
has any other reccomendations for figuring out what happened, I'd be
interested in hearing about it

shaya