Agent crashes on accessing Disk

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 11 14:40:47 CDT 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:18:37 +0200, you wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 17:26:17 +0200, Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:21:57 +0200, you wrote:
> >
> >> Howdy,
> >> I've just found a problem with Agent when trying to save attachments
> >> from email, that I thought I'd share with the devel community. (It's
> >> happening in both v1.9 and v1.92.)  This is also happening with my
> >> just updated today CVS version.
> >>

> >> When I tried to save an attachment, the following messages appear:
> >
> >[snip]
> >
> >Oliver, I always get essentially the same messages as those, but no
> >crash. So it is quite possible that they are unrelated to the crash.
> >
> >Look at the backtrace in the debugger, the last messages before the
> >crash with relay debugging enabled, and (because this is Agent) check
> >that if you have native windows dll's lying around that Agent doesn't
> >use them.
>
> This is a linux only install, so there are no Windows.dlls on my
> system.
>
> I did a --debug message -relay, and here's the output from the console
> window.  I've included it all even though only the last couple of
> lines look pertinent.

For a backtrace type 'bt' in the console at the "Wine-dbg>" prompt, no
additional debug messages enabled;

Relay debugging: run with "--debugmsg +relay" and capture the output
in a file. With a texteditor look for the line where the first
indication of the crash is (search for something like "starting
debugger" or "unhandled exception"). In the lines above this you can
see what the program was doing at that moment.

To post logs: try to preserve the line-breaks. In Agent I usually use
"Paste as Quote (Custom)", Agent doesn't insert additional line-breaks
in that case. Attaching as "plain text" is another possibility.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl