right way to compile wine with a "buildroot" DESTDIR is missing

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Aug 16 16:01:58 CDT 2002

Raul Dias <chaos at swi.com.br> writes:

> >I believe using those %configure and %makeinstall macros are the proper
> >way to use rpm nowadays.
>
> true.
>
> But changing them for every app is not the Right Thing.
> What I want to show is that other applications solve this
> very problem by using DESTDIR.

But there is no problem to solve AFAICS. I haven't seen anything yet
that you can do with DESTDIR that you cannot do with the existing
prefix mechanism. The only real problem is that the rpm macros
apparently break the prefix stuff; but then it's the responsibility of
the rpm tools to provide a work around (which is what %makeinstall is).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com