10072002 version - printing bug

leanne leanne at thizlinux.com
Mon Aug 19 03:29:49 CDT 2002

Huw D M Davies wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 05:33:54PM +0800, leanne wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>I found the 10072002 version of WINE that the layout of printout got
>>problems.
>>some letters overlap.
>>

>This is probably a bug in the Type 42 font download code.  Could you
>try editting your ppd file (by default generic.ppd) and chaging the line
>*TTRasterizer: Type42
>*TTRasterizer: None
>this will get Wine to download the fonts as Type 1 outlines instead.
>
>Let me know if it makes a difference.
>
>Huw.

I did but still got the same result.
I read the documentation about printing.
I am using CUPS for printing
Should I config ppd file?
I did it anyway.  I installed cups-drivers-1.9-0
I unzipped and copied HP-LaserJet_4-ljet4-cups.ppd.gz in my ~/.wine/ and
I have added [ppd] in "config"
but got the same result.

My printer is HP Laserjet 1200.  When I set up the printer using CUPS I
am using HP Laser-4 driver and I can print test page.

Many Thanks.