Comboex: CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT

Bill Medland billmedland at look.ca
Wed Aug 21 14:13:43 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at bigfoot.com>
To: "Bill Medland" <billmedland at look.ca>
Cc: <wine-devel at winehq.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: Comboex: CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT

> On August 21, 2002 02:21 pm, Bill Medland wrote:
> > Coincidentally I am just starting to investigate an issue with our
software
> > that relates to the ComboBox code so since you are thinking about it
maybe
> > you can bear it in mind.
>
> That's an interesting point, and I think it's related to my question, if
only
> from the perspective that it might help us understand things better in
> this area.
>
> But to be honest with you, I'm don't understand exactly how you
> set the size of the the Combo and how you set the size of the Listbox
> (when you have a dropdown combo).
>
> All these are related:
>   -- we change the size of the combo when we should change just
> the size of the Listbox (your problem)
>   -- when we do change the size of the comboex, we should limit
> it (I think) to the size of Listbox unless we have the NOSIZELIMIT
> flag set (my problem).
>
> It seems we have 3 sizes here:
>
>  +=========+
>  |  ________    |
>  |  |_______|    |
>  |  {                }    |
>  |  {_______}    |
>  +=========+
>

>  The = is the comboex window
>  The -- is the combo
>  The {} is the listbox
>
> Right?
>
> --
> Dimi.

I agree
(Small issue while we are on the subject.  "Setting position" should
presumably do everything based upon the listbox appearing below the main
window even though it may be near the bottom of the screen which would cause
the listbox to be painted above it).

I am just about to try getting a decent log of associated messages which
will help; I'll post it when I have it.

I just spotted some of the relevant code; I guess the bit that confuses me
is that in our case we appear to have specified not to send all sorts of
messages which presumably only leaves the NCCALCSIZE to be sent.  But does
that mean that windows is actually modifying the properties of the combo box
on the basis of what is in reality purely a question?

Haven't we got fun!!

Bill