spec file format changed?

Michael Cardenas michaelc at lindows.com
Thu Aug 22 17:37:15 CDT 2002

Hello all.

I'm trying to compile our wine tree with the latest release of wine,
and it seems that some of the codeweavers' helper applications don't
want to compile.

Specifically, when tring to do a "make" in the utils directory, it
complains about the spec file for geticon.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/mbc/src/wineall/wine/library:/home/mbc/src/wineall/wine/dlls:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
/home/mbc/src/wineall/wine/tools/winebuild/winebuild -fPIC
-L/home/mbc/src/wineall/wine/dlls -sym geticon.tmp.o -o geticon.spec.c
-spec ./geticon.spec
./geticon.spec:3: Expected name, id, length or ordinal
make[1]: *** [geticon.spec.c] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mbc/src/wineall/utils/geticon'
make: *** [geticon] Error 2

Has the spec file format changed? According to the manpage in it's
dir, it's the same, and according to the docs on winehq the format is
unchanged.

thanks for your time

  michael

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"A painting of a rice cake does not satisfy hunger."
- Ancient saying