Problems compiling wine with Intel Compiler

mkyprianou at ICTV.com mkyprianou at ICTV.com
Mon Aug 26 09:31:56 CDT 2002

I'm getting compiler errors when I try to compile wine with the Intel
C++ 6.0 Compiler. This works fine with the g++ compiler.

$ icc -c tstwine.cpp  -I/usr/include/wine
tstwine.cpp
/usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(27): error: invalid combination of type
specifiers
  typedef char          __int8;
                        ^

/usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(30): error: invalid combination of type
specifiers
  typedef short          __int16;
                         ^

/usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(33): error: invalid combination of type
specifiers
  typedef int          __int32;
                       ^

/usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(36): error: invalid combination of type
specifiers
  typedef long long          __int64;
                             ^

/usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(36): error: invalid combination of type
specifiers
  typedef long long          __int64;
                             ^

/usr/include/wine/winnt.h(59): catastrophic error: #error directive:
You need gcc >= 2.7 to build Wine on a 386
  #  error You need gcc >= 2.7 to build Wine on a 386
     ^

compilation aborted for tstwine.cpp (code 4)

It looks like the wine headers need a level of the gcc version for the
compiler, but since I'm  not using gcc, there is no gcc version level
set.  Has anyone built wine with the Intel Compiler?  If so, what was
done to get this to work?

Is any work being done to allow the usage of the Intel compiler with wine?

thanx