Problems compiling wine with Intel Compiler

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Mon Aug 26 10:40:01 CDT 2002

> I'm getting compiler errors when I try to compile wine with the Intel
> C++ 6.0 Compiler. This works fine with the g++ compiler.
>
> $ icc -c tstwine.cpp  -I/usr/include/wine
> tstwine.cpp
> /usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(27): error: invalid combination of type
> specifiers
>   typedef char          __int8;
>                         ^
>
> /usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(30): error: invalid combination of type
> specifiers
>   typedef short          __int16;
>                          ^
>
> /usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(33): error: invalid combination of type
> specifiers
>   typedef int          __int32;
>                        ^
>
> /usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(36): error: invalid combination of type
> specifiers
>   typedef long long          __int64;
>                              ^
>
> /usr/include/wine/basetsd.h(36): error: invalid combination of type
> specifiers
>   typedef long long          __int64;
>                              ^

The Intel compiler like the Microsoft compiler probably already supports
__int{8,16,32,64}.

The typedef are protected by a

#ifndef _MSC_VER

This will have to be changed to

#if !defined(_MSC_VER) && !defined(XXX)

where XXX is some that indicate that the Intel compiler is used.
Check the manual.

> /usr/include/wine/winnt.h(59): catastrophic error: #error directive:
> You need gcc >= 2.7 to build Wine on a 386
>   #  error You need gcc >= 2.7 to build Wine on a 386
>      ^
>
> compilation aborted for tstwine.cpp (code 4)
>
> It looks like the wine headers need a level of the gcc version for the
> compiler, but since I'm  not using gcc, there is no gcc version level
> set.

Presumably the Intel compiler like the Microsoft compiler already
defined __cdecl and __stdcall. In that case similar to first
problem above the line

# elif defined(_MSC_VER)

will have to be change to

# elif defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(XXX)

where XXX is the same as above.

> Has anyone built wine with the Intel Compiler?  If so, what was
> done to get this to work?
>
> Is any work being done to allow the usage of the Intel
> compiler with wine?

Not that I know of.