GetObject with empty buffer

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Thu Aug 29 06:24:34 CDT 2002

Hello

I think I found my (or better a :) problem with fonts. The function GetObject

<MSDN>
int GetObject(
   HGDIOBJ hgdiobj,  // handle to graphics object
   int cbBuffer,     // size of buffer for object information
   LPVOID lpvObject  // buffer for object information
);
</MSDN>

should either return the info in the object buffer or, if this pointer is
zero, just
the size the required info would need.

<MSDN>
If the lpvObject parameter is NULL, the function return value is the number
of bytes required to store the information it writes to the buffer for the
specified graphics object.
</MSDN>

But I couldn't find this anywhere, not in the general function in gdiobj.c nor
in the subtypes FONT_GetObject or BRUSH_GetObject (sure others neither).
As my app uses this feature Wine tries to memcpy to a NULL pointer and
jumps out of the window... literally :)

bye  Fabi