Wine Ma os X port

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at
Thu Aug 29 13:52:22 CDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 04:51:29PM -0700, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Not necessarily. What you propose to do for Wine can be done for the C
> and X11 libraries. Then you get an emulator that lets you run x86 Linux
> applications on a PPC machine... including Wine.

Well, yes... But if you have a system that creates for you a 'translation'
layer for all the libraries used by Wine, why not use it directly on Wine
itself ?

I do not see why it would so much more difficult for Wine than for libc or
X11 libs (the only additionnal problem I see would be endianness problems
for ressource loading, but a part from that, I see none).

		 Lionel Ulmer -