trying to draw off-screen

Bill Medland billmedland at look.ca
Thu Aug 29 17:28:24 CDT 2002

Does anyone know who constrains a window to be on the screen?

Our application, in order to minimise flicker, does the hard work with a
container application deliberately positioned well off-screen (enormous
negative coordinates I think).

This works under Windows.

However under WINE the initial window appears in the top right corner of my
screen (I think I've seen it appear in other corners too on other
computers).  It then resizes , keeping the same top left corner (with parts
of the window off-screen) before correctly repositioning itself into the
middle of the screen.

Does anyone know which code is doing the initial positioning in the top
right corner?  Is this deliberate?

Bill