RFC: 'test' bugzilla keyword

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Aug 29 22:44:53 CDT 2002

Francois Gouget wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Paul Millar wrote:
>[...]
>

>>>Maybe 'conformance' would work?
>>>

>>Personally, I prefer "regression" to "conformance", although both are
>>applicable names.
>>

>The problem is we already have a 'regression' keyword with a reasonable
>meaning: 'bugs relating to programs that were working at one time but
>stoped working for some reason'. But this does not specifically cover
>the 'conformance test suite'.
>
>If a conformance test used to work and no longer does, then I think it
>would be reasonable to tag it as 'conformance, regression'.
>
>But I have also found that some tests do not pass on Windows. IIRC,
>there's a test having to do with TEMP that fails if it is set to
>'c:\Windows\Temp' rather than 'c:\'. I would like to be able to make a
>bug report and tag it with a keyword to indicate it is related to the
>'conformance test suite' (or whatever we want to call it). Similarly,
>there would be reports to be made about the conformance tests as run on
>FreeBSD and Solaris. And note that none of these are regressions.

You have sold me on "conformance" . The real proplem is that we have
been calling the conformance test suite by the wrong name if you ask me.
  The thing is that this is exactly what the suite is for (to be able to
track where wine and windows differ in thier behavior.)  To be able to
have a bug report where the source is available is indispensible.

Mr Newman can we please, please, please have this.

Tony Lambregts