Fwd: Re: [putty]Winelib support + patch

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Dec 1 09:57:21 CST 2002

On November 29, 2002 02:45 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> If you modify wine itself then you should be able to remove the wrapper.
> However, how will you instruct Wine to load just the right libraries?

We already have a wrapper for the .exe.so, we can pass in some flags.
Something like --preload ntdll,kernel,user,gdi,...

Of course, the ideal fix is if wine canfigure things out automatically
from the .exe.so file. Since we are going to have that link script sooner
or later, what about we store this information in a ELF section, and
get it from there before dlopening the file? BTW, how hard would be to get
to such a section?

> But you cannot create trampolines for variables.

No, but I guess you can trigger a segfault, and do the fixup in the
signal handler. But regardless, how does Windows deal with this? How
come it works there, and not under Wine?

--
Dimi.