[RFC] Wine headers

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sun Dec 1 11:35:55 CST 2002

> On December 1, 2002 11:36 am, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > So that is why we "never" will support 100% Win64 source
> compatibillity
> > on 64bit platforms. We can (and presumably) will support a
> LP64 variant
> > of Win64 but it won't be 100% source compatible.
>
> I don't think it's nearly as bad as you make it. In the Wine sources,
> we'll just use explicit types that don't depend of compiler switches,
> while Winelib apps will just use the -flong-int flag, and get
> what they
> expect. Of course, they'll have to use our msvcrt lib instead of the
> native libc, but that's largely true today anyway (for
> different reasons).

That solves the libc problem however compiling with -flong-int also
means that it will be impossible to call other libraries, which
means that it will be a little hard to use Unix specific library
to have extra functionallity under Unix.

But sure having a -flong-int flags is nice but it doesn't solve
all problems. Perhaps would be good to push for its addition
even now, it might take a few years before standard GNU C
installation supports it.