Wine/FF7 midi help request

Robotech_Master robotech at eyrie.org
Mon Dec 2 02:00:35 CST 2002

On Tue Jun 11 2002 - 13:50:43 CDT Johan Gill wrote (as part of a
discussion about midi in WINE in which FF7 was mentioned):

> Done. TiMidity++-2.12.0beta as alsa sequencer client requires no
> modification to wine at all, and the OSS emulation of ALSA makes the
> thing transparent to WINE.

Can you, or someone, please let me know how to set up wine to use
this?  I'm running Debian Linux; these are the versions of timidity
and wine that I have:

ii  timidity       2.11.2-1.3     Software-only MIDI sequencer.
ii  wine           0.0.20021125-1 Windows Emulator (Binary Emulator)

For sound, I'm using artsdsp 0.6.1 to emulate esd.  I have a
Soundblaster live card.

On the FF7 config program, it gives me the choices

    Wine OSS midi out (#0) - disabled
    EMU10K1 midi

Under "midi data" it gives me the choises

    General midi
    Soundfont midi (Creative AWE32/AWE64)
    Yamaha XG midi

No matter what I try, in whatever combination, I get "Error opening
device" and the wine console says

fixme:winmm:MIDI_StreamOpen *lpuDeviceID=1
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x403ab930,0001003c,3):stub

Can someone help me out--or point me at somewhere else I can find
help?

Thanks.
--
Chris Meadows aka  | Co-moderator, rec.toys.transformers.moderated
Robotech_Master    | Homepage: <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~robotech/>