Janitorial Projects

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Dec 3 18:36:34 CST 2002

On December 2, 2002 03:38 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> You should be able to unzip the tests anywhere. Sure that means you will
> have a lot of choice and may have to make hard decisions<g>.

:P No, it's that I have to unzip them anywhere that bothers me <g>

> Besides, I'm not sure one can compile all the tests in just one
> executable or that it would be wise. There would be quite a high risk of
> naming conflicts between the tests, and that executable would have to
> link with tons of libraries for instance.

Indeed. I still think would be nice to have a shell exe (sort of like
the one provided by JUnit), that contains the little exes, extracts
them in a temp dir one by one, runs them, and displays a nice progress
bar, and a list with the messages.

Essentially the main window should be a dialog that contains:
  -- a progress bar at the top that tracks the number of executed tests
  -- a listview in LVS_REPORT mode below, that displays the messages
  -- a "Cancel" button (that changes to "Close" when tests are done)
  -- a "Report..." button that brings up the "Save As..." dialog

Not hard to write, and quite cool to play with. Maybe I should add
it to the Fun Projects page. ;) Any takers? :)

--
Dimi.